What is an MOT test?
The law requires that everyone who uses a vehicle on the road must keep it in a roadworthy condition at all times. A yearly MOT test checks the roadworthiness of your vehicle in the interests of road safety. Swiftfit are a leading provider of MOTs in Norwich providing quality MOT tests at an affordable price.
The first MOT test is required once a car is 3 years old. An MOT is a minimum standard at which your vehicle should be maintained. During an MOT test your vehicle will be checked over, focussing on some important sections to confirm that your vehicle meets the key legal minimum requirements at the time of test.
Pre-MOT Servicing in Norwich
If you have any concerns that your vehicle will not pass its annual MOT, we can offer a pre-MOT service at our MOT test centre to help alleviate any pressing matters prior to your test and importantly ensure your vehicle is safe to be on the road.
We also offer a free brakes test.
What do I need for an MOT test?
- The MOT test fee.
- Vehicle Insurance.
- Ensure there is enough petrol, oil & water in your vehicle to complete the test.
- If separate, we will require your petrol cap key.
- Access to the boot/tailgate/load space (all doors must open if a van) & a near empty loading space to allow for floor inspections.
- Your V5/Registration document is sometimes required, if possible it is advisable to bring it with you.
- In order for your car to endure the rigours of high revs during emissions testing, it is essential that your vehicle has been properly maintained to reduce the possibility of the cam/timing belt breaking while the engine is being tested and held at high revs. It is your responsibility to ensure the engine is fit for the MOT test. We will not be held responsible for any engine failures during testing.